Mid-March is an ideal time to start most of the important preparation for spring landscape jobs. Spring can be one of the busiest seasons for landscapers so it is very important to to be prepared. Having properly working equipment should be a high priority on your preparation list. To help prepare you for the spring season jobs, we have made a list of 5 ways to prepare landscape equipment for spring.
5 Ways To Prepare Landscape Equipment For Spring
- Clean your mowers. This will help prevent clogs from forming from debris. Don’t use anything sharp that could scratch the metal as this encourages rust to develop.
- Get your trimmers and blades sharpened. There are companies that do this professionally. After the sharpening, a thin coat of grease will prevent rusting.
- Organize your tools and make sure they are easy to find. This will make your fleet look professional and prepared to get the job done smoothly.
- Check over your landscape trailers. Make sure all the lights and turn signals are functioning. You will also want to make sure your registration is up to date. This goes for all of your towing vehicles as well.
- Start up all of your power equipment to make sure it works. This will ensure that any needed repairs can be done before servicing clients. Broken equipment can seriously put your fleet behind in work.
Valley Green was founded by Charles Dooley in 1990. Headquartered in Holyoke, Massachusetts, we have grown to eight branch locations supported by inside & outside sales associates specializing in turf seed, sod production, golf sales, turf maintenance, nursery production, agriculture and arboriculture. The average green industry tenure at Valley Green is well over 20 years per associate!
642 S. Summer Street
Holyoke, MA 01040
Toll Free 800.862.0089
Wholesale Fax 413.533.4090