Plowing is an easy off-season revenue maker for many landscapers. Plowing can be a dangerous job for drivers so we have compiled 5 plowing safety tips to start your season off safely.
Plowing Safety Tips
- Watch your speed! It might be tempting to go faster to get the job done quick but be sure to keep speeds down so you don’t slide off the road, or worse into another driver or property.
- Make sure to get adequate rest before heading out to plow. A sleepy plow driver can cause a deadly accident. If you need to pull over to nap, please do so!
- Angle the blade of your plow to the right when driving. This will lessen the chance of it catching a curb or snow bank that could pull your vehicle off the road.
- Walk an area that you are supposed to plow before it snows. This will give you a chance to survey any obstacles that you could hit or damage your plow with.
- Pushing snow can be tough on a vehicle, so make sure you do a check that includes checking the fluids, attachments, tires/tracks, back up alarms, lights, and other key areas for damage or problems.
All of our locations currently offer a wide selection of ice control products for sale. Visit one of our locations today to learn more. Valley Green was founded by Charles Dooley in 1990. Headquartered in Holyoke, Massachusetts, we have grown to eight branch locations supported by inside & outside sales associates specializing in turf seed, sod production, golf sales, turf maintenance, nursery production, agriculture and arboriculture. The average green industry tenure at Valley Green is well over 20 years per associate!
642 S. Summer Street
Holyoke, MA 01040
Toll Free 800.862.0089
Wholesale Fax 413.533.4090